Coworking Community Builder
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Sales: 2-5 years (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
Are you a people person? Are you a self-starter? Do you have the entrepreneurial bug in your blood? Are you a fast learner? Do you hate working inside a tiny cubicle, doing a boring Monday-Friday 9-5 job (yuck)?
If that describes you then read the rest.
Coworkly is hiring a full-time community builder to take full ownership of this project. As the job title suggests, your main mission will be to a build a community of like-minded freelancers, creatives and entrepreneurs.
Here’s what your life will look like during the first 6 months (yes, it’ll be gruelling):
- You’ll spend 80% of your time promoting the space and socializing at local meetups and events. These events are held on evenings and weekends.
- You’ll spend 20% of your time operating the space (nothing much really as the number of members will be low during this initial period).
- You’ll have a reasonable monthly target to reach (which you’ll be accountable for).
- You’ll organize one event every week at the space. You’ll pitch the space and its benefits to attendees as you mingle with them.
As the membership base is being built, your operational responsibilities will increase while your promotional activities will decrease. You should expect the load to settle at a 50-50 percentage by the end of the first year (and beyond).
This job is not for the 9-5 folks.
Here’s the good news, though: you won’t be left alone. We will help you every step of the way. But we also expect you to take initiative and figure things out on your own.
Here’s the thing: If you want to get a 9-5 job then be our guest. But if you want to become an expert in this emerging/trendy field, within a SHORT period of time, then let’s talk.
Here’s what we promise you: You’ll learn ALOT (if you love reading books, and we hope you do, you’ll be in good company). In short, you’ll be investing in your future.
Here’s the minimum we expect from you:
- You’re an excellent communicator, both verbally and in written form.
- You have a minimum natural dose of salesmanship in your DNA.
- You’re self-motivated and results-oriented. And you pay attention to details.
- You think outside the box and offer elegant solutions.
- You’ve been in a sales or a marketing role for a few years (preferably in a small business or a startup.)
Here’s our advice to you: don’t apply to this job right away. Sleep on it for a day or two, and then read the above description again. And if you still feel a burning desire to apply, then, and only then, listen to your heart. In that case do the right thing and click on the link below to apply for this (dream) job.